Legal Question in Aviation Law in Illinois

I flew American Airlines in March this year on a business trip. On my way back from houston to Chicago, the airline lost my checked in baggage. They asked me to file a written claim after 5 days which I did on March 29th. To date, they have not responded to my several calls and keep bouncing me from person to person, saying my file has been transferred to one department after another. I have lost over $1,700 in personal items. I have also lost a framed photograph of my late father in that luggage which was very valuable to me. Their Reps are extremely rude when I call and one Rep even said I should not have checked my items in - in that case, and carried them as carry on luggage. Is there any legal recourse for me? Thanks.

Sal Sheikh www.BetterCallSal.com

You may want to have an attorney write a demand letter to American Airlines (AA).

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

More Aviation Law questions and answers in Illinois