Illinois  |  Construction Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/08/12, 12:04 pm

I have a company that started a job on my boat, then quit 3/4 finished, no answers to calls (6-7) or emails (6) theI had an officer call me and tell me I can't contact him any more, I asked if there was a harassment complaint or any complaints on paper, the answer was no, but after being told not to contact by the officer I could be arrested,I feel this is an officer helping out a buddy, does this sound legal?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/09/12, 2:37 pm by Stephen Messutta

? Who's on first? What are you trying to accomplish -- to get the company to finish the work, and what do you mean by officer -- a police officer who is a buddy of the company owner? Today people will try pushing back on just about anything if they're in a bad situation, stressed, etc. Plus, without a restraining order the policy officer may be overstepping his bounds but just try to prove it - his word against yours. So you should contact a local attorney who can then contact the company. Attorneys are relatively immune from charges of harrassment when all they are doing is attempting to collect a client's debt, and if a police officer attempts to step in without proper grounds, the attorney is a good buffer to deal with it.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney address not available

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search