Legal Question in Consumer Law in Illinois

IN my condominium association our basic cable service is paid by the association, if a resident has services beyond basic can the basic services be suspended if the customer gets behind in his payments.

Asked on 9/20/13, 2:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Really depends on the arrangement with the cable company. Normally the cable company will bill the association and the owners get the benefit of a "flat rate" on basic cable, whether the unit owner takes advantage of the service or not. If the unit owner wants additional services, the cable company normally just bills the unit owner for those additional services. If the unit owner gets behind in payments to the association, the association may be able to discontinue basic cable if the contract with the cable company allows that OR can start procedures that could lead to eviction for non-payment of association dues/charges. If the unit owner simply fails to pay the cable company for the additional services, however, then the cable company normally just discontinues those additional services and may have a lawsuit for unpaid amounts for those additional services only.

Read more
Answered on 9/21/13, 8:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now