Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Illinois

4 years ago I filed bankruptcy and lost the house to the bank,today my brother(he lives with me)was served and according to the papers he has to go to court on July 25th, so far I haven`t been serve at all and I wonder how munch time left I have to keep living in the house(I`m been looking around to rent and apartment but no luck so far)I just don`t want the sheriff to come to get me out of the house without warning my mother and my 3 kids they live with me as well (my mother is old 72)and my kids are 14,12,10 but the person the worry me is my mother this is hard for her just wonder after my brother court what`s going to happen? do we have extra time to look around for a new place?

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

If they are an eviction suit, if your brother lives with you and he is over 14 years of age, service on him may be service on you. Who is named as defendants in the suit. If oyu are a named party then you should go to court. Your failure to go to court will only shorten the time you have to move out. There is free legal help at the downtown courthouse for eviction defendants. Use it.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Illinois

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms