Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Illinois

Can Ameren (electric company) refuse to turn on service for me because of an unpaid bill from 8 years ago?

Asked on 11/05/13, 4:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. Your service is subject to approval of your credit. Maybe the Illinois Commerce Commission has rules which require them to give you service, but you should ask them

Read more
Answered on 11/05/13, 5:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now