Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Illinois

My car broke down and a balance is still due I am currently making partial payment but the finance company said they will garnish my wages if I don't make whole payment i can't afford to pay for the doesn't run

Asked on 6/19/13, 7:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

They have to sue you and get a judgment before they can garnish your wages. If they do sue you, hire an attorney!

Read more
Answered on 6/19/13, 5:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now