Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

my neighbors have cameras facing my bedroom window also these cameras have audio which I have read is a felony in the state of Illinois do the police have to enforce this Illinois law so far they will do nothing and what can I have done ?.

Asked on 6/25/13, 3:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chen Kasher Chen Kasher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can sue them in civil court for "intrusion upon seclusion." The court could enter an order that awards you damages and requires them to move the cameras.

What proof do you have of these cameras and the fact they have audio?

The police are generally not required to enforce anything, although there are selective enforcement issues if you are a minority.

[email protected]

(773) 853-3062

Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 6:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now