Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

What's the likely penalty for providing alcohol for minors. I know what the maximum is. But what is the likely sentencing? Do you think I will get jail time for a 1st time offense?

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

The answer depends upon various factors such as the position of the State's Attorney, the discretion of the Judge, your history, and the facts of the case. You should hire an attorney. If you are facing charges in a Court where I practice regularly , I might be able to help you. I have been handling similar cases for thirty-five years, and I would be happy to give you a free consultation. Feel free to contact me directly.

Andrew Gable Law Office of Andrew Gable

If this is your first offense, I think jail time is unlikely. In fact, for your first offense I would try and avoid any type of conviction that would stay on your record. If I can help you please feel free to contact me at andy@andygable.com.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois