Illinois  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/20/13, 10:43 am

I plead not guilty to a crime (disorderly conduct) and I have to travel to Canada for business before my trial/plead guilty to a lesser charge. Will there be an issue here?

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/20/13, 11:13 am by George Zuganelis

Yes. If you read your bail bond receipt it states you MUST receive permission of the court to leave the state. Have your lawyer motion it up to get permission. Doing it this way could save you from having your bail revoked and stay in jail until your trial or plea of guilty.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Zuganelis & Zuganelis, Attorneys at Law, P.C. 2536 S. california Ave, Lower Level Chicago, IL 60608

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search