Illinois  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/25/13, 9:53 pm

I was on private property smoking weed with some friends, the police entered the building without knocking and with nothing in plain sight. They claimed the house had been condemned and belonged to the state, but the actual condemned house was across the street, can I claim it was an unreasonable search?

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/27/13, 6:28 am by Chen Kasher

Yes, potentially. It could be sloppy and overzealous police work. Is it your house? Or that of a friend? If so, retain an attorney ASAP to file a motion to suppress.

(773) 853-3062

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Chen Kasher 1642 E. 56th Street Chicago, IL 60637

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search