Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

How do you ask for a new public defender? He is not representing me to the best of his ability, not representing me properly, continuously imply that I am guilty despite lack of evidence, not keeping me informed and not answering my questions. Oh, and he always has an attitude with me no matter how nice I am to him. Please somebody help me, please.

Asked on 10/11/13, 12:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Purav Bhatt The Law Office of Purav Bhatt & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unfortunately, you have the right to a public defender. Not the public defender of your choice. If you want to choose the attorney with whom you work with, you will have to retain a lawyer.

If you would like to talk, please contact my office at 773-791-9682.

Good luck

Purav Bhatt

Attorney at Law

Read more
Answered on 10/14/13, 11:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now