Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

If you're set for a bench trial can you switch and asked for a plea bargain

Asked on 8/16/13, 7:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Purav Bhatt The Law Office of Purav Bhatt & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are not required to have a trial. You can plead guilty to the charges against you. If the prosecutors have offered you an agreement you can accept that offer or you can go before the court and plead guilty and have the court sentence you.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 9:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now