Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Illinois

I was sued by a person that had a lawyer in civil court, I paid a lawyer to represent me then he quit on me in the middle of the suit, can I legally represent myself on my next court date.

You can always represent yourself but first the attorney, if he or she was "of record" needs to move to withdraw, and then you are ordinarily given time to secure alternate counsel. Talk to the judge and by all means ask for a continuance. However, if the attorney already withdrew "of record" by motion, and the court gave you time to get an attorney and have not, you can ask for more time (may or may not be allowed) or represent yourself. If you felt you needed representation in the beginning, I don't understand why you'd think you can or should represent yourself now.

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Illinois