Illinois  |  Entertainment Law

Hello.

So, here is the deal,

I was with my ex while she was getting a tattoo, in the window of the shop I saw a flyer for a concert I had really wanted to attend but it was sold out. After talking aloud to the artists about how upset I was that I wouldn’t be going, two of the artists, while smirking at one another, suggested I “like” their page on Facebook, so I did.

After that was done I saw a recent post that the tattoo place was giving away 2 free tickets to this concert to the first person who gets $200 or more in work done. Excited, I said something and the owner gave us the tickets, as my ex’s tattoo was over $200. I repeatedly asked her while in the shop if she was sure if she was ok that I kept the tickets and went to the concert, she repeatedly said yes, as she did not know the bands nor would she have known about/won them had I not been there. The tattoo shop put up pictures on their facebook, with me in them, congratulating her on winning the tickets, as she was the recipient. We stayed together about a month after that and recently had a nasty break up that was on my terms, not hers. Now she is asking for “her” concert tickets back. They are not hers, correct? I know she is only doing this because she is mad at me. The tickets have printed on them that there is no cash value, as they were a part of multiple free tickets given to local vendors to give away. Would she have any grounds for legal action? She is petty and I can see her trying to pull something. I have my tickets in my possession, advice?