Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I'm 17 and I live in Troy, Illinois. I turn 18 next march, but i was wondering if it was possible for me to legally leave my house and move out on my own without parental consent and without my mom listing me as a run away?

Asked on 9/10/13, 1:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can file a Petition in court seeking emancipation. Pravtically most judges will not force a 17 year old back where he or she does not want to be

Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 2:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now