Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/10/13, 3:30 pm

I was 16 and signed a birth certificuit for a child I was told was mine. 8 years later I have no contact with the mother or the child because the "new father" doesnt want me around. yet child suport and insurence ( which the mother does not want) is being taken monthly. Is there a way to remove me from the birth certificuit and end this unwanted obligation to this family?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/10/13, 4:16 pm by Jonathan Shimberg

Adoption by the new father is the only way.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C. 9003 Lincolnwood Drive Evanston, IL 60203

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search