Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/04/13, 9:59 am

I'm 26 years old and i live in Chicago with my husband. We have a baby (One Month) but things are hard and i want to divorce. The problem is i am brazilian and i want to go back to Brazil to rebuild my life but i want to take the baby with me. What i supposed to do? Can i just go or a need his permission? Also, i have proofs that he cheated me. I really need help.

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/04/13, 10:20 am by Jonathan Shimberg

You can not leave the country with the baby without his written consent or a court order. The fact that he cheated may not be relevant to who should have custody. Courts are hesitant to allow you to leave the country with the child. Be forewarned.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C. 9003 Lincolnwood Drive Evanston, IL 60203

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search