Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Aunt is not letting me see my lil bro

My aunt is keeping my brother from me over a loan? Id this legal? She has custody and i am his blood sister!

If this is not legal what can i do ASAP to see him again!!! please help i am stuck!!! thanks!

Zedrick Braden III Ainsworth & Associates PC

Re: Aunt is not letting me see my lil bro

Hello. I am currently handling a case similar to your's. I assume your aunt was awarded custody of your brother as guardian. I suggests that you file an appearance and ask the court for visitation rights, or you may seek to have the guardianship terminated for reasons that you must specifically set forth in your petition. For instance, if your aunt has engaged in a pattern of not allowing your brother to see other relatives, this may be a basis for terminating the guardianship. This is just an example and I would have to hear more of the facts.

Certainly denying your brother the opportunity to see you is not in his best interest. Will be happy to discuss this further and in more detail.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois