Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My brother and his ex do not have any custody agreement in place. She took off with their son and will not let him see him, she has also changed her number. He does know where she lives but no one will answer the door. Is there anything he can do besides filing for visitation rights? Can he call the cops or anything since she will not let him see him?

Asked on 4/10/13, 6:47 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

George Ellis The Ellis Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There's nothing that makes sense other than emergency court orders. He should consult an attorney knowledgeable in this area as soon as possible.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/13, 8:35 pm
Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If they were married and are now exes, it is unusual that there are no provisions regarding custody or visitation, unless service was by publication. He needs to file for visitation, as Mr. Ellis indicated.

Read more
Answered on 4/11/13, 12:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now