Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

i have custody of my daughter she is a resident of the state of florida along with me she went to illinois to stay with my adult daughter for the summer my minor daughter age 16 decided she wants to stay there. My older daughter went into court in illinois and got a restraing order against me. i received summons to go to court on 8/12/2013. do i have to show up for that legally if i decide i don't want to?

Asked on 7/23/13, 10:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lela Davis Law Office of Lela J. Davis
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you received a summons you should go to court. If you can't on that date, hire an attorney for this matter who can represent you on that date. Otherwise the Court may proceed to make a ruling against you in this matter.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 11:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now