Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

There is nothing in the divorce decree that says I have to give my ex-husband my current address or the address of our son's day care. Is this something I have to legally provide to him?

Asked on 1/23/13, 6:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald Boyd The Boyd Law Firm, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Just because somethings may not be explicitly stated within the judgment does not mean you can withhold that information. Unless there is a very good reason to withhold the information, such as an order of protection, he is entitled to know where his child lives and attends school. Why don't you want him to know? If you feel he poses some sort of risk to your child you should consult with an attorney about obtaining a court order.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/13, 7:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now