Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

In my divorce, my husband has sent me a request for production of documents, rule 237-B one month after discovery had closed and has asked me to bring them to trial. I do not have everything and it is short notice. Do I have to answer requests made after discovery had closed? How do I avoid producing those documents?

Zedrick Braden III Ainsworth & Associates PC

Hello. My answer is based upon the representations made by you in your posting on this website. Based upon my experience, a judge will bar either party from seeking discovery, after discovery has closed. In your case, based upon your representations, I am of the opinion that you should bring this matter to the attention of the judge and ask him or her to bar your husband's discovery request. I see that you did not mention whether you are represented by an attorney. I have additional comments and suggestions that I can make.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois