Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/21/09, 10:20 pm


married in a country called according to isalamic rules bahrain , husban refuses to give devorce , currently on f-1 visa in usa can i get devorced in usa

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/22/09, 11:05 pm by Peter Olson

Re: divorce

A lot of things you don't say like where's any property or children and where is husband. But as for single issue of divorce/citzenship, the only issue in Illinois is have you been a resident here for 90 days...if yes, you can proceed with divorce in IL.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Olson Law Firm, LLC 125 S. Wacker Drive Chicago, IL 60606

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search