Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/19/13, 9:49 am

I have been divorced from my childrens dad for 7 years. At the time of settlement I rec'd the normal child support, and also spousal support for a time of 30 months. Recently, I have been unemployed since Oct 2012 and my home is in forclosure - is this grounds to get temporary spousal support (although it said in decree once the 30 months up, I was barred from asking again).

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/19/13, 10:33 am by Sue Roberts-Kurpis, Esq.

You can't get additional maintenance but you could possibly file for an increase in child support.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Sue Roberts-Kurpis 3845 West 58th Place Chicago, IL 60629

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search