Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/16/12, 1:15 pm

I was divorced in Cook County, I'LL on 5/6/08. The decree included a QDRO that was not submitted or pre-approved by Fidelity. Neither attorney contacted Fidelity for specific QDRO guidelines. Both attorney submitted QDROs that were deemed as "not qualifed" as they did not adhere to the changes requested by Fidelity. As recommended by Fidelity I used their QDRO website to create a new QDRO that made all the changes requested in the letters sent to both attorneys. The original QDRO in the decree gives him a flat 21.300. Now he won't sign and wants more money for outstanding marital debt. Can he do that? I am currently unemployed and am waiting on an SSI judgement and have no cash coming into my household. I really need my share of my 401K

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/16/12, 2:37 pm by David Gotzh

Judge's sign QDRO's in a manner consistent with the original judgment. Not you, not your ex.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of David Gotzh PO Box 591 Lansing, IL 60438

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search