Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/15/12, 11:51 am

I am divorced and the divorce decree states that my ex-wife is responsible for the car payment, and maintenance and I am not held liable. Which means nothing from what I read. I am getting a consolidation loan for my credit debt and they will not give me loan unless I pay of the car as my name is still on loan. I did not have it in divorce aggrement for her to sell or refinance. My fault. Can I get a contract made up that has her follow the same rules as loan aggreement with me instead of bank. Same payment and rules?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search