Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/09/13, 1:08 pm

I was divorced in 2002. The judgement decree was for a structured monetary settlement to be paid on a yearly basis. My ex-wife stopped paying me in 2005. She still owes me over $1K. Financial/legal & health issues have prevented me from getting this into court sooner.

I understand there certain statutes of limitations for different types of cases, but I don't know what applies to divorce in Illinois. My fear is that I may have waited too long to pursue this.

Can you clarify?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search