Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My elderly father (92 yrs old) has assigned my half-sister and her husband control over his financial affairs in regard to a sub-division he started several years ago. We are talking about $2M+ value. My sister and I are concerned that my brother-in-law may be taking advantage of our father because the figures we are given are not adding up. My brother-in-law has had some gambling issues over the years and we are afraid he may be embezzeling money from the estate. What can we do to investigate? What options do we have?

Not sure what father did. I can't tell if he conveyed property, or gave them shares or membership interest in a company that owns property, or gave them a power of attorney....or what. You need to be clear on what you mean by the assignment. If you're not sure, this is not the kind of forum to help figure out a family fortune. Seek out an attorney who can help problem-solve this with you.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois