Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My husband filed for divorce in joliet,il thats will county and i need to obtain a lawyer, our court date is Feb 1 2010. My question is can he be responsible for paying for my lawyer because i know nothing on what to do and or how to ask for things and he was the sole provider for the girls and I for 6 years.

Asked on 1/04/10, 8:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Steele Steele Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He can be ordered to pay for your legal fees depending on the financial status of the parties. Do you work? How long have you been seperated? How is the child being cared for now? You probably need to file certain motions for child support and temp maintenance as well. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/10, 8:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now