Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My ex husband is refusing to provide documentation supporting what is actual annual income is -- his w2 also includes his bonus. I have asked him at least 20 times to provide the check stub from his bonus so that I can see what is actually salary is. He has given me the court ordered % of his bonus every year (divorced in 2006) but no documentation -ever - he just hands me a check and says that is my portion. Child support is based on his salary which according to him has not gone up in 5 years (since he started). His W2 shows his salary over $35k more than what base salary that support is taken from - yet he refuses to show any documentation supporting that his bonus was that much.......I want to verify that child support is being taken from his correct, current salary -- Thoughts????

Asked on 6/02/13, 1:11 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Conor Malloy Malloy Law, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Does you judgment for dissolution call for him to turn over relevant financial information each year? That may be the key.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/13, 1:21 pm
Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unless your judgment provides that he has to turn over the information you are requesting, the only way you can obtain the information is by filing a Petition with the Court seeking an increase based upon your belief that his income has gone up and his refusal to turn over the requested information.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/13, 2:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now