Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/14/13, 5:20 pm

My husband and I have been separated for two years. Last I knew he was in NY. Since filing for divorce, I found him on a website in Utah. It is unclear if he is in Utah or if it is just the website based there. His family has not heard from him in over two years. I filed divorce papers but am unable to have him served and trying to figure out which steps to take from here is almost impossible without help.

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/14/13, 6:08 pm by Conor Malloy

You could try to hire a skip tracer to find him.

Nonetheless, in some circumstances a judge will allow service by publication. However, there are drawbacks.

This link has more info:

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Malloy Law, LLC 233 S. Wacker Dr., 84th Floor Chicago, IL 60606

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search