Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

II live in florida . My ex wife along with my 2 minor children live in Illinois. Since our divorce in 2010, due to a restrainibg order against me, i cant have contact with issues pertaining to my children. My ex wife has repeatedly lost / gave up voluntarily custody to her sister. I have no idea whats going on, and as their father, dont know my legal rights. She has attempted suicide srvetal times, and drinks heavily.... thr drinking from what little info i gained is why she volunteered to give up custody temporarily to her sister. Can i gain custody of mu children, and move them to Florida ? If not whats my options?

Asked on 7/24/13, 6:18 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Without knowing why there is a restraining order against you which has barred contact with your kids, the questions can not be answered.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/13, 4:29 am
Lela Davis Law Office of Lela J. Davis
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Consult with an lawyer who can talk with you, get specifics and review your divorce decree and restraining order to get the best advice.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/13, 6:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now