Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/10/13, 11:53 am

I live in Illinois. If I have joint custody and my daughter runs away and ends up at her fathers is there anything I can do. In the past they have smoked pot together and gotten drunk with him. I have printed conversations from face book talking about the times they have gotten high.

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/10/13, 1:29 pm by Sue Roberts-Kurpis, Esq.

You should be contacting the police and DCFS as well as taking the matter back into court asking for a modification of custody to sole custody with limited and supervised visitation for your ex. You should also have your daughter examined by a psychiatrist for possible developmental issues.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Sue Roberts-Kurpis 3845 West 58th Place Chicago, IL 60629

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search