Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/24/13, 6:48 am

I was married in central Illinois in 2007, she left me and took all my money in 2011. Now she wants a divorce. I have no money to file or hire an attorney. I now live in another state, am in a relationship and have a child.

What would happen if she filed in Illinois and I did not attend the hearing(s)? She and I have no children together or any joint assets. I literally have nothing to give her or anything she can take from me.


1 Answer

Answered on: 8/24/13, 6:58 am by Jonathan Shimberg

If she has a lawyer call the lawyer and ask what she wants. She may just want the divorce. If you have no kids and no assets, there is not much she can get.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C. 9003 Lincolnwood Drive Evanston, IL 60203

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search