Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Can I move out of state with my daughter? Her Father says he has half custody and I can not move. We were never married. Never went to court for any custody rights.

Asked on 7/01/13, 8:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If a case has ever been filed - for support, parentage, custody, visitation - then you can not leave the state without a court order allowing you to do so. If no case has ever been filed by you or on your behalf, then you are free to go.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 10:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now