Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I am paying 20% child support to ex that lives out of state. I have no problem paying child support, but I am paying quite a bit and I know there is no way she is using all of it for my child. The cost of living where she is at is so cheap. Is there anyway I could get it reduced?

Asked on 10/23/13, 9:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Probably not. If you visiting the child in the other state and she moved from Illinois to that state you might have been able to seek a deviation from the guideline amiunt, but your arguments will get you nowhere

Read more
Answered on 10/23/13, 10:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now