Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/01/13, 1:40 pm

Question regarding family law. Our daughter and her husband are having problems within the marriage. They have 3 children. They are presently going to marriage counseling. They had a really big blow up 2 1/2 weeks ago, and he took the kids to Missouri (from Illinois) to HIS mom and dads to have a "cooling off" period. Husband and kids are now back in Illinois & they are now trying to work things out, but now he wants to take the children back to Missouri again for the 4th of July holiday but doesn't want my daughter to go......just he and the kids. My daughter is telling him no, they need to be together as a family for the holiday. If he should just take them what recourse might she have? Any? They are still legally married of course, so they both share custody of the children. Would she be able to tell him to have them back by a certain date? What rights might she have in this case.

Thanks for your help and input.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search