Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Quick divorce from absent spouse

I have been separated from my spouse for about 8 years. Neither of us filed for divorce. I want to get a quick divorce now. The problem is that I have no idea where he is living at now. I am in Illinois and last I knew he was in Mississippi. Is it possible to get a divorce from someone without them being served divorce papers or knowing about it?

Asked on 12/08/05, 3:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Zuganelis Zuganelis & Zuganelis, Attorneys at Law, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Quick divorce from absent spouse

The answer to your question is yes. Please call for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 12/08/05, 5:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now