Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/03/13, 4:03 pm

I receive a summons to go to court from my ex's lawyer to terminate child support (my daughter turns 18 in July). My attorney is no longer in private practice. Do I need to retain a new attorney for this or do I have to attend at all?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/04/13, 6:33 am by Jonathan Shimberg

If your daughter has graduated high school and is turns 18 in July, child support should terminate unless your agreement specifies a later date. If she plans on attending college or trade school, you need to file a motion seeking contribution for those expenses. That would not be child support.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C. 9003 Lincolnwood Drive Evanston, IL 60203

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search