Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I have a special needs daughter that just turned 18 and will continue with high school until she turns 21. Am I, as her father, responsible for child support payments till that time?

Asked on 9/17/13, 1:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You will have to pay "child support" until she is 19. If your former spouse files the appropriate motion, you may have to continue to support her for the rest of your or her life under 750 ILCS 5/513.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/13, 1:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now