Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

For spousal support pending case:

1. If the discovery is closed, can I file a motion to open it again?

2. If the discovery is closed and I need to send subpoena for records and documents, do I need to get Court Order?

3. If I send subpoena for records and documents, do I need to notify defendant's attorney -- do I have to send copies of subpoena to defendant's attorney?

4. I file Motion for Production of Documents on same day before court started. When I got to see Judge, Judge closed discovery. In this case is my Motion for Production os Documents quashed too?

5. How can I get copies of records & documents (bank statements, income tax returns, etc...) from defendant which I need for my trial coming up?

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Asked on 5/15/13, 10:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

1 yes

2 yes

3 once it is served yes

4 - unclear - in most cases, if you have served the production request before discovery is closewwd, it must be answered, but I have not seen the order.

5 - production request or subpoena - if joint accounts you can get it yourself

Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 11:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now