Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

If my wife and I do not live together because of a separation ( Not Divorce ). Can my stepson live with me if his mother is okay with it? The child is fourteen and would prefer to live with me. And would his biological father have any legal grounds to take him away?

Asked on 6/15/12, 9:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zedrick Braden III Ainsworth & Associates PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. My answer is based on the statement posted by you on this website. Yes, your stepson can live with you, if mom says it is o.k., unless his biological dad objects. Biological dad does

have superior rights to you and in theory could seek custody of his son and win. I have additional comments and suggestions that I can make.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/12, 10:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now