Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

...My ex wife's lawyer put a no dispense order on my taxes even after we're divorced. I was not even informed. She had signed the paper to allow me to claim the kids as dependents & also had made me agree to sign a paper to give her $500 with a official notary after the no dispense order was put in. Now she doesnt want the $500 she wants half using the no dispense order. Is this legal? Can they enforce the no dispense order since she made the 2nd aggreement for $500?

Asked on 9/30/13, 2:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I have no idea what a "no dispense" order is. In 39 years of practise I have never heard such a term. A private attorney can put a "no disburse" order on taxes, the only entities that can get to a tax refund is the State Attorney through and HFS set off. So it is difficult to respond and advise you regarding such an order.

Read more
Answered on 9/30/13, 2:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now