Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I was wondering since i make less money than i did before when i was first put on child support, would i be able to get it modified since i make less money now? Also would i be able to alternate years filing my kids on my taxes since i pay child support?

Andrew Pavlinski Pavlinski & Elkins

It is possible to have the court enter a downward modification for your support based on the change in circumstances. It is also possible to have the court order alternating years for claiming dependants. You must petition the court for each of these changes. I suggest you contact a family law attorney to discuss the details of your case and the process required. Feel free to contact me at info@pav-law.com with any questions.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois