Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I was wondering since i make less money than i did before when i was first put on child support, would i be able to get it modified since i make less money now? Also would i be able to alternate years filing my kids on my taxes since i pay child support?

Asked on 2/16/11, 7:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Pavlinski Pavlinski & Elkins
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is possible to have the court enter a downward modification for your support based on the change in circumstances. It is also possible to have the court order alternating years for claiming dependants. You must petition the court for each of these changes. I suggest you contact a family law attorney to discuss the details of your case and the process required. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] with any questions.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/11, 9:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now