Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/31/13, 7:56 am

Three years ago I left my controlling ex and moved, with our children, 350 miles away. He then used my poverty and distance to claim custody of our children and came and got them from school and took them back to Chicago (I live in Southern Il. He has refused to let me see or speak to our kids since he took them from me. He has ensued a court battle for child support in Chicago and it has been very hard on me, both emotionally (I miss my children terribly since before this they never left my side) and financially (when I moved, I left everything behind and have been working my way back onto my feet) and has even caused me to suffer jail time after missing multiple court dates due to lack of finances and transportation. My question is basically, is there anyway for me to have my case moved from Chicago to southern Illinois and where can I find free legal services to help with my case. He has had a lawyer for the duration of this battle and I have not. Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search