Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/17/13, 12:57 pm

two years ago i petitioned the court for permission to move out of state with my minor child. my ex husband contested this move and won, however, since that time my son have reached the age of consent (12 in illinois) and is now demanding that he not be sent to his fathers house for visitations. my exhusband has also stopped paying child support alltogether, and now i would like to re-petition the courts for permission to move. i cannot afford a lawyer, but my exhusband can. i was wondering what kinds of petitions i should file pertaining to this case. i want to move, amend the visitation orders, show cause as to why he is not paying his child support, and allow my son to speak to the judge on his own behalf. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search