Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Illinois

Used car

I just got a used car from a dealership and within the 2 weeks since we made downpayment 80% of the time it has been in the shop for repairs. my girlfreind lost her job due to transportation issues because the car was in the shop. it has been ''fixed'' by the dealer every time it has been diffrent probs every time. We would like our money back to purchese a car from a diffrent dealer. It was an as is warrenty. What options do we have regarding this matter??

Motty Stone Law Offices of Motty Stone

Re: Used car

If you bought the car "as is" then the best you can do is continue taking advantage of the free repairs. As long as the dealer did not actively deceive you about the condition of the car, "as is" means exactly what is sounds like.

Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices

Re: Used car

Generally, when a person buys a used vehicle on an "as is" basis, they assume all responsibility for the car, no matter what--that is even if the car is a piece of junk. That is why it is sold "as is" that is without any warranties or guarantees. As such, if things go wrong, generally, the buyer does not have much choice...

I hope this helps

Nima Taradji

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Illinois

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms