Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Illinois

can a court order me to sign a contract to pay money to someone without me being present at a hearing?

Asked on 8/15/13, 5:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Betty Tsamis Tsamis Law Firm PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends on whether or not you had proper notice of the hearing or notice could not be accomplished because of your own actions in evading service/notice.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/13, 7:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now