Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Illinois

I left some very expensive personal items at a friend's house 2-3 weeks ago. The value of these items is approximately $2,000. Since leaving my property at this person's house, the person has become very mad with me, so I've kept my distance. However time passes and I just want my property back, but the person has said it's all been thrown out. How should I proceed? Should I contact my local police department?

Asked on 8/06/13, 12:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Brabender Brabender & Chiang LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Contacting the police is an option and may be helpful. Your only other remedy is small claims court and that may not be worth your time or money.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/13, 3:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now