Illinois  |  Health Care Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/04/13, 7:24 am

my husband and I were both issued a summons to appear in court over a pediatrician bill of $2000. we did not even know this bill existed, and were never informed by the billing office that we were being turned into collections and being charged collection fees. the billing office just kept renewing our account without a word about the collections, even though on 2 separate occasions, I had to ask for a current bill as we were not receiving any. the bills I have do not show any past due amounts or any collections notices. ive requested a detailed bill which is 'foreign' to me, but do think we owe the money, but have no idea how we ended up having to go to court. my question is, we are a 4 person family on a single income and cannot afford for my husband to miss work for this, can I go to court for he both of us or will he get into trouble for not showing up? thanks for any help/advice you can give. janet

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search